I can handle blood, guts, internal organs, childbirth... but NOT eyeballs. It makes my eyes water just thinking about sticking anything foreign in or around my eye.
I've always been grateful that I don't have to wear glasses because if I did I know I could never attempt contacts.
Maybe it's nothing after you've done it a few times... (like a tampon for example :) ) but still eyeballs gross me out.
I wish we could have taken a picture for you to enjoy but it was against the rules. They need the room dark for the patient and having a camera go off with a flash would not help. So after searching the internet I found a picture that comes close.

Aaron's eyes are all red (bloody looking) around the pupil and I GET to look at it every hour when I put drops in.
They checked his vision before we left and he has 20/15 vision. I always thought 20/20 was the best but I hear you can get to 20/10.
Eye sight has been the only thing really going for me these past 8 years. Aaron could make fun of my ability to get sick easily, walk into walls, fall up stairs, have mysterious bruises appear on my legs, my trips to the ER as a child, but I could always say his genetics failed him when it came to his eyes (He hardly ever gets sick and has never broken a bone).
Now he has better eyes than me. Well, mine ARE prettier of course, but- his vision is better. :P
Oh. And did I mention that I sat in the waiting room from 10:15am-3:00pm with two fairly rambunctious children? Yes. I did. It was insane.
2 comments:
You are a better woman than me! Yuck!
That's a REALLY long time to keep two kids entertained in the waiting room. So exciting for Aaron to have Lasik done, though! Woot!
Post a Comment