Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another Benji Post

Lately this blog has been focusing on Benji. I'll have to get one on Mercedes soon. My apologies... but I have to brag about Benji - and I brag because it was NOT like this with Mercedes. I love them both very much but it is awesome when something goes really well in the child development arena.

Benji has been doing FANTASTIC with potty training. He wears a pull up at night - just in case - but most mornings he is still dry.
We have not had ANY accidents for days (knock on wood) and have even ventured taking him out into public with underwear on (grocery store, errands, church).
Yay!! My baby is getting so big!
He will be 3 in a couple of weeks and the "Terrible Three's" are starting to show. He recently learned the word "What" and now, rather than come to me when I call him he says "WHAT". Loudly too.
And today he started "Why?".

I told him he needed to eat his lunch. He responded with "Why?" and I told him that his banana wanted to be in his tummy... which resulted in another "why?". I then answered with... "If you peel the banana and eat it, your tummy will be full." He seemed pleased with this and didn't ask any more questions. I'm sure there will be lots more over the next 5 years though.

1 comment:

Candace said...

When he turns 6 it will be "I don't WANT to." Followed by "because I said so." Followed by "Not right NOW!" and an occasional "I hate you." All will pass in time. Welcome to boyhood!

Followers