Thursday, October 30, 2008

Things Efficient


I'm all about doing things quickly and efficiently. Gives me more time to do other things, right?
I made a small purchase about 2 weeks ago. Aprox $5. I thought that if I bought one of those toilet bowl cleaners that it would keep the toilet a little more clean and my toilets could be ignored just a teeny bit longer... Because who really likes cleaning the toilet? 3 1/2 people use it in my house, and although Aaron loves me very much, this is one thing I have never been able to get him to do. Don't get me wrong, he does loads of stuff.. Dishes, laundry, diapers, etc, but cleaning the bathroom has never been one of his defining qualities. Mercedes will help clean, but I'm wary of letting my 5 year old clean the toilet. I'm afraid she would start daydreaming and splash toilet water on my toothbrush or something.
So that leaves me. (All of these reasons plus the shiny neat box seduced me in the bathroom aisle at Wal-Mart.)
So, I plopped those little honeys in the toilet tank following the strict instructions NOT to touch the pellet thing. The first two days were BAD. You walk to the commode and all you can smell is bleach. And not a hint of bleach, more like your nose hairs are being singed just by being in there, that's not bringing into account the fact that you still need to breathe. I thought surely it will dissipate as time wears on.
I was wrong. Two weeks later I am still suffering from this toilet bowl cleaner. The worst part? I put it in both toilets. So I can't escape it. All you have to do is walk in the bathroom. So, do I want to shower? No. Do I want to brush my teeth? Not really. Do I want to help Benji go potty? Absoloutely not. He takes 20 minutes when he wants to go. I'd die if I had to stay in there that long. No one else seems to notice it but me. This isn't saying that I haven't brushed or showered in 2 weeks, just saying that it kills me when I do.
So all in all, I will never buy one again. Ever. Unless it has a different scent than bleach. However, my toilet bowl IS clean so kudos to clorox for that part. It is effecient.

4 comments:

Candace said...

I am laughing my butt off! Any luck with the bleach smell yet? You are too funny! :)

Carrie said...

Andrew wouldn't do the toilets either, UNTIL I convinced him that couldn't go anywhere near bathroom cleaner when I was preggo, he he he, even though I could have used vinegar and baking soda. Why not help him help me, eh?

Millie said...

That's pretty bad all right. I have that Clorox bleach cleaner and it's bad enough (when I actually do use it), but yikes! I would avoid the bathroom too!

Thanks for letting us know :)

Becky said...

I finally went and bought those
$.99 air freshners - the ones with that gel like material that your kids poke their fingernails into? It's covering up the smell pretty good. :)

Followers