Yesterday afternoon Benji and I walked to the mail boxes to get the mail and also to wait for Mercedes to come home on the school bus. There are about 10 kids that ride the bus from the Emmanuel Village which is nice - Mercedes has playmates that attend school with her.
As soon as the bus stopped, one of the girls ran up to me and said, "Mercedes kissed a boy on the bus yesterday afternoon!!"
My immediate thought was WHAT!?!?! But I calmly said, "Oh really? Hmmmm. Thanks for telling me."
Mercedes didn't hear herself get ratted out, she had been preoccupied with hugging Benjamin. As we walked home I asked her about it. I said, "So, I hear you kissed someone." She didn't answer. I asked if it was true. I then told her that if it was I wasn't upset.
I heard a small peep escape her mouth... "yes", while she looked at me sideways. I asked her why she kissed a boy and she said it was because he was bugging her and she wanted him to go away. I asked her if it worked. She said, not really, because he kept saying "do it again!!, do it again!" I asked her where she kissed him and she told me on the cheek. He is older than her, but her description of him was anywhere from 2-4th grade.
I got home and found Aaron. "OH Aaaaaaaaaron... We need to have a taaaaaaalk".
I told him the story and then we had to sit Mercedes down and very nicely talk about who we could and couldn't kiss. I told her that family was ok, friends were not. Then I added, until 25. Aaron talked to her about when you kiss someone you really like them and think about marrying them. She was all "Ewww. I don't want to marry him!!!"
So, before she went to school this morning I reminded her that we don't kiss kids at school. She added, yeah, you gotta be like 80 years old or something to do that, huh, Mom?
I have a feeling that the next 15 years will be very interesting.
2 comments:
That's really funny. Donovan got kissed by a girl when he was in kindgergarten. He came home and asked if it was okay that he got kissed. We told him no. Not until he was married. lol
to good, great story!!
Post a Comment