Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!


Happy Halloween Everyone!







Mercedes doesn't have school from Friday until Wednesday. They say it's for teacher inservice and voting next week, but I know different. It's really because no sane teacher would want to have kids all sugared up from Halloween candy. They hope it will have worn off by Wednesday. :)








Aaron took the kids out trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. I would have attended, but I have a gimpy foot (see other post Got Asphalt?).
The little girl in the pictures is our neighbor who was tagging along.

























After trick-or-treating we went to a professor's house for a dinner/Halloween get-together. I brought a candy corn cake and cup cakes that were left over from the batter. The idea behind a candy corn cake is that the insides of the cake are colored to reflect a piece candy corn. The middle is white, outer ring is orange, and the last ring is yellow. When you cut it into pieces, it looks like a piece of candy corn. Cool, huh?
















We carved jack-o-lanters the other night and I ended up being the carver. Aaron cleaned them out and got the seeds ready for roasting (yay Aaron!).
















2 comments:

Carrie said...

Another awesome cake!

Candace said...

Cool cake and pumpkins!

Followers