Benji graduated to a toddler bed about 2 months ago. Everything has been going really well. However, the past few weeks, he wakes up super early. That would be okay, but he then goes to Mercedes' bed and wakes her as well. Then they with their entourage of stuffed animals and blankets find their way to our bedroom. Do they go to Aaron's side of the bed? No. Do they wake their dad up in any way shape or form? Not usually.
I'm often so tired when they come in that I don't even comprehend they are in my room getting into my bed until I wake up to them fighting with one another or a painful elbow in my face.
This morning I vaguely remember Benji crying and then I remember them coming into my room... (I think) but then what I can't figure out is why I let them stay.
I'm such a bad judge of time when it comes to the middle of the night. Has it been 3 minutes or 30?
At any rate, I think they came into my room around 5:30 or 6, but by 6:30 I realized I didn't want them in my bed and even though they were awake, I knew they were still tired. I changed Ben's diaper, sent Mercedes to the bathroom and got both of them drinks. The stars must have been aligned because they BOTH went back to sleep in their own beds. Mercedes until 7:45 and Benji until 9. Yay me!!
At any rate, I have to think of a way to keep them out of my bed because it is killing my back to have to sleep with 4 people in a queen sized bed.
It's doable when a child is infant-sized but not when they are 6 and 2 1/2. I'm not comfortable with the idea of locking them in their room. I know some people do that, but I can't do it. Any other ideas would be much appreciated. :)
3 comments:
No ideas. Russell just tells them they can't come in. And that ends that little battle they have to have. I call it the mommy magnet syndrome. You can just see the pull during family prayers. It really is quite funny.
Ella's been waking up at 5:30 too! :P She's still in a crib though. She screams "Mama, I'm awake!" 'til we come. I'm so panicked that she'll wake Greg I always end up going.
Instead of locking them in you could put one of those child safety gates up. Maybe that would deter them without actually locking them in. Also I've decided no TV or food (until 7am) so she doesn't associate waking early to having fun.
you could have them sleep on your floor. thats what we did when we had scarey dreams.
Post a Comment