My ears were thankful for the decibel drop that occurred as the door was finally shut.
The kids came over around 5:30. We had pizza for dinner, ate cake and ice cream and opened presents afterwards. We played "Duck, Duck, Goose" and "Blind Man's Bluff". The kids also just played together and dressed up in Mercedes's bedroom.
We made little goody-bags and also a cookie thank-you gift. I really enjoyed making the cookies- they were fun. I found the idea on the internet when I searched for butterfly cookies ( her cake was in the shape of a butterfly also). Mine aren't nearly as perfect as those, but not bad for a first time decorating cookies that way.


All in all, it was a lot of fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even with the noise that went on. :)


This is Mercedes with her pet shop stuffed animal. She has been begging us for a pet like this for months. She was so happy to get one for her birthday.

1 comment:
Hooray! I bet Mercedes was tickled pink to have such an awesome mom. :)
Post a Comment