Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cookies




I love Christmas cookies. I love to make them. I love to eat them. I am so excited to pass this love onto my children. After I finished making a bunch for various gifts, I let Mercedes have at the rest of the cookies and icing. I offered it in two forms... a knife to spread it with, or the pastry bags that I had used in decorating. She of course wanted to use the pastry bags and be like me. :)




3 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

do you have a good soft,sweet sugar cookie recipe?

Becky said...

Sugar Cookies
1 ½ c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
5 c. flour, sifted
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs and vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients together before adding them to the creamed mixture. Chill at least 2 hours. Roll out to desired thickness (maybe just under 1/4 inch?? )and cut into shapes. Bake at 375°F until lightly golden, about 8-9 minutes depending on the thickness of your dough.

Candace said...

Good job Mercedes!

Followers