I was on a roll today. I got so much done. I cleaned up the kids room, did laundry, cleaned the downstairs... I even made bread from scratch! (My sister Candace is my inspiration.) Okay, okay, I'm going to brag. I even used the left over pumpkin in the fridge (we made pumpkin choc. chip cookies last week but didn't use all the pumpkin) and made muffins. To top it all off I made a Chicken potpie (bragging again) from scratch (pie crust too). So like I said, I was on a roll, pun intended. :D
To be honest, by the time that pie came out of the oven I was shutting down mentally in the kitchen. Mercedes was home from school and she and Benji were doing their normal sibling rivalry/fight for Mom's attention thing. As I am pulling the pie out of the oven Mercedes is asking how to spell a word and Benji is yelling about something only two year olds can understand. I go to grab the pie (yes, I have a pot holder) and the oven door shifts upwards to where my arm is. Everything happened so slowly... I knew I was getting burnt, but all I could hear was Benji yelling and the letters coming out of my mouth to spell whatever word it was the Mercedes HAD to write at that moment. Finally my brain kicked in and did what my arm was telling it to do and get the heck out of the oven. It ended up with a howl on my part and Aaron ushering the kids upstairs so I could have some quiet while I checked the burn. It's been 6 hours and it still stings like the dickens. Wish I had an aloe plant. The spray we have for stings/burns didn't help at all. Moral of the story? Don't be over productive...
1 comment:
I am laughing so hard! Glad I could be of some inspiration! I love your way of words. I am sorry about your arm though. Take a pic - we want to see! :) You did take one of your foot - don't hold back now. And the moral of the story is....don't do spelling lessons while taking food from the oven. It will get you every time. lol
Post a Comment