Friday, November 28, 2008

She's gonna be 6!!

Our little girl is going to be 6!!
Today marks the day that Aaron and I went on our first official date (8 years ago). We went to Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast. Little did I know that we would have a child 2 years later.
But yes! She is turning 6 already. Time sure flies.

We have invited some of the neighbors over on Monday night (her birthday) and are planning on feeding them pizza, cake... the usual birthday stuff.
But the last time I hosted a birthday party for a child was when I worked at McD's and I had a huge play structure that monopolized their time. The past few years we have only done family parties but now we have actually invited people and need to be a little more structured.
What sorts of games do kids play at birthday parties now-a-days? I need suggestions quick!
It will be inside only and her theme is more of a butterfly/flowery theme.
Help me out!

1 comment:

Candace said...

If her theme is butterflies/flowers how about pin the wings on the butterfly? Or pin the butterfly on the flower. My kids think stuff like that is a blast. Just let the kids play like it's a playdate. I think birthday parties shouldn't be too structured. Eat cake/ice cream/ pizza and just play! :)

Followers