
For Halloween this year we went through half a dozen costume decisions before finalizing upon one costume for Mercedes.
She wanted to be a raccoon or a cheetah (my sewing
skills aren't up to par and I couldn't find a raccoon pattern anyways). She suggested that her
Grandma Rogers make her a costume, but since it was a week before Halloween I told her that perhaps we could do that another year... when Grandma is given more time and perhaps we don't live on the other side of the US.
We went to a few different stores searching out costumes. She was not at all interested in being a princess this year - she wanted to be an animal.
We finally found an animal that she wanted to be- a rabbit.
I figured I could find a white leotard or white pants having a week left to search but to no avail. They just don't make white pants for 6 year olds... with good reason. I hate letting her wear white shirts (it's just asking for a stain).
We went to Kmart making one last search for the evasive white pants that I couldn't find. I actually found some, but they had big gaudy diamonds on the legs and she was of the opinion that rabbits shouldn't have diamonds on their legs. I had to agree with her.
While we were searching for the pants Kmart was announcing that all of their Halloween costumes were 50% off. We walked over to the costume aisle and she completely changed her mind from being a rabbit to being a witch. We had
previously spent $4 on the rabbit ears and the new witch costume was only $12... so I figure we made out pretty well. I even had a broom at home that matched the costume from a previous year.
Benji is still too young to really have an opinion on what he wanted to be. He ended up as a doggy this year. I think it will be the last year that I get to pick his costume. I can see him wanting to be a superhero or Jedi in the future.




1 comment:
Isn't it nice when you get to pick their costume for them. Eleanor was a dog just like that last year. Good job with the discounted costume.
Post a Comment