As I've inched closer to my 100th post, I've wondered what I could share with everyone. What would be great?
Well, after a couple of years of waiting/trying, I'd like to announce that their will be an addition to our little family in April of 2010!
Yay! We are so excited!!
We are not going to find out the sex of the baby beforehand - we think it will be more fun this way.
I went to the OB/GYN back in August for an annual exam. I dread those things. With a passion. Here, lay upon this table... relax, that's it... now look at that tropical island poster taped up to the light, Uh huh, that's it, Just a minute longer....
Bah.
I hate those things.
So, I'd postponed this "annual visit" for oh, say, 3 years. My last was when Benji was born. I spoke with this Dr (Olga is her name... don't you just love it? She's from Europe. She went to school here at ETSU and interned. They liked her enough to give her a position as a dr.)
Anyways, I mentioned the fact that we've been trying for about 2 years (minus the time I was in Oregon last summer) and that we've not had any luck. She recommended going on birth control for a few months... Sort of reset my ovaries. I figured I might as well try it, since nothing else had worked. I had been on birth control prior to getting pregnant with Mercedes and had gotten pregnant immediately, so why not give it a try?
So, with birth control in hand, I went home and waited for that next period to start. The period day came and nothing happened, so I waited. And waited... and a week passed. A few more days passed... I thought, hmmm, I wonder?? So, off to the drug store to buy one of those tests. It came back positive (Yay!) and I have since been back to the dr and received verification that I am indeed preggo.
I had to take Mercedes with me on this visit since the appt. conflicted with her getting out of school. She knows that I'm pregnant and every waking moment I get asked "How are you? How is the baby?" It's getting a little old, since it is so early yet. It's gonna be a long 40 weeks, lol!
She wants to name it Lily if it's a girl or Coco if it's a boy. I'm not so sure about that boys name...
Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know~ or at least my few readers!
10 comments:
Yay! What a perfect 100th post! It's a good thing Mercedes is in school. :) She will have other things on her mind during the day and maybe it will distract her when she comes home in the afternoons. Maybe.... lol
congrats
Ah! That's wonderful! Congratulations! What a long wait. I really thought you were going to say that "resetting your ovaries" thing was what worked. What a great surprise! I like Lily.
Yay! Congrats. I found your blog through Carrie's. Hope you don't mind if I add the link to mine. I think Lily is a fantastic name for a little girl!
I think the new baby's name should start with a "W" so you can have "Mercedes Benz" and also, "BMW" ;)
btw, i follow your blog now :)
Congrats! Best wishes during your Pregnancy!
congrats! It took me two years to get pregnant with Michael, so it was a surprise when i finally was, just like you.
Congratulations! What a great story.
Hooray for you guys! What a funny story. Who knows maybe it does work? I'll let you know! Best wishes for everything. Let us know if there is anything you need.
Lots of love,
Alesha and Family
Aw, congrats Becky! That's awesome.:)
Post a Comment