Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hair item organizer

I didn't have long hair as a little girl. Not that I remember anyways...

At any rate, I vowed as a child that my daughters would have longer hair, thus minimizing the risk of being questioned on the playground as to whether they were a boy or girl.

The downfall of having longer hair on a child is the tangles and their inability to keep it out of their face, resulting in food getting in their hair, and more tangles.


We have had a drawer in our downstairs bathroom dedicated to rubberbands and all things hair. As time has worn on it has begun to look like a rats nest and I have had enough.

I searched online for some ideas on how to clean up the mess known as hair stuff and finally came across something I thought would work. I didn't want a tackle box, as I knew that stuff would fall out of the tiny spaces, and I've already maxed out the meager space in my bathroom cabinets with towels and everything else.

Enter, the over the door shoe hanger. For $7.60 (Wal-Mart, gotta love that place) my hair woes have been solved.

At the top we have stuff that we rarely use or sprays I don't want within reach. As we go down the levels we have all things red in one pocket, orange in another, yellow, and so forth.

I've just combed both bathrooms and Mercedes bedroom for all things hair and I think I've got it all in one place now.

At any rate, it will be easier to find and easier to put away.

Followers