Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Cake!

I made this for my boss... he wanted something for his 10th Anniversary.



It was such a nightmare! I haven't worked with fondant really since March and all day long we had thunderstorms making the house incredibly humid. The lightning was hitting so close I was beginning to hope a tree would strike the house and crash through the kitchen destroying the cake so I wouldn't have to bring him the mess I was dealing with.

In the end (I don't know how) it all came together.



The cake is covered with fondant. The roses are made from a sugar dough called gumpaste.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Maybe now he will put you in charge of ALL cakes! That is incredible! I would have to guess he absolutely loved it? He better have. :)

Rob and Marseille said...

thats more like a wedding cake than the one with the weird colors

Britt-Marie said...

I love the 'lace' part. Great job!

roxannarussell said...

That was a gorgeous cake. You are freakishly talented, woman. Hope you got a raise out of it. :)

Followers