When Aaron was overseas in 2003 I purchased a fairly expensive video camera. It cost around $400 and has worked great - except for the last year.
It started giving me an error code and it would beep non-stop. I searched through the manual and online trying to find a way to resolve the problem, but everything said I needed to take it to Sony and have it serviced. I suppose I could have looked up where the nearest Sony fixer-upper-person would be, but I've just not been ready to pay to get it fixed yet.
We have debated buying a new one since technology changes so much but I think I may have temporarily fixed the problem. :)
I found a website that had a list of comments from people about their camera's on the same error code. The solution? Smack it with your palm a few times. The result? It worked.
So, YAY! My camera works again. No error code for the time being. Everyone speculates that it is some sort of mechanical error and something gets stuck, thus smacking our incredibly expensive cameras around will fix it. :)
I figure it can't hurt. It wasn't working anyways and after a few thumps it's back to normal. Hopefully I'll be able to get some video's on here occasionally now.
2 comments:
Camera smacking. The new sport. :)
Hurray! Way to smack that camera. I want a new camera... digital. Ooo...
Post a Comment