Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The things they do...

Kids say crazy stuff... but mine DO crazy stuff. Or maybe it's just normal kid stuff. I'm not sure.

They love to dress up with each other. Perhaps I should invest in some little boy dress-ups, because Benji is left to dress up with fairy wings and princess dresses.



















Mercedes still loves her tiger costume and has to have her tail "just-so" in all of the pictures we take of her.


















She also wanted her tiger to have a red nose. So since I wouldn't go get the face paint she decided she would take matters into her own hands. She went to the bathroom and proceeded to scrub her nose with a washcloth. This produces a red nose for a few seconds, right? However, Mercedes got carried away. She kept scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing. Now she has a rug burn on her nose. She said her kindergarten teacher asked what happened to her nose. She told her that she rubbed it with a washcloth. It was a story where I wish I could have been there to elaborate. I'm sure I'll get questioned about it when I take her back to school.




















We found Benji asleep in the middle of the night in this curious position. He kinda looks like he was praying/squatting. Pretty cute.















Lastly, Benji thinks anything in the kitchen within reach must be for his personal use. Measuring cups, ladles, turkey basters, spoons, tongs, canning jar grippers.... The grippers are my personal favorite. He uses them for picking up his toys and bringing me things. He brought me a yogurt out of the fridge because he can't open it. At least I know if he ever has to be a pirate and has a hook for a hand that he will be all right. Lots of practice now.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I'm telling you - I hope you are writing a book! You could rival Erma Bombeck. :)

Candace said...

You know what I should do. I should send you the outgrown Halloween costumes from the younger boys. Benji would get a kick out of Thomas the Tank Engine and Percy. Who knows what else there is. I know there is more though.

Followers