Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why you shouldn't try to beat Mother Nature...

I knew it was going to snow Saturday morning, so I thought I'd be smart and move my car to a "safe" area the night before. The hill that we live above can be treacherous and icy when it snows so I asked Aaron if he'd park the car on the bottom of the hill so I could get to work in the morning.
As I approached my poor little Honda Saturday morning all I saw were trees all over the street. I saw other cars.. but no trees on them. I didn't see my car until I got closer... and saw the tail lights coming through the branches.



Wow, I thought. What are the chances?? You move your car to be proactive and get to work and this is what you get rewarded with? Big time sucks.

I stared at it wondering if I should laugh or cry. I did both.






































The car is now in the body shop. The damage that is visible is the windshield (obviously) and the passengers side mirror. The body shop is telling us that there is $3500 worth of damage to the frame... which is not visible but if the insurance is going to cover it what do you do? It's the body shop that the insurance company wants us to use. I'm not even sure if the car is worth that much... being 11 years old. I'm sure we'll be hearing more from them soon. For now USAA has put us in a very nice rental car for free, so I can't complain.
More updates as they come!

2 comments:

Millie said...

I'm glad you weren't in it at the time. And that you have good (sounding) insurance.

Britt-Marie said...

Oh man, that is totally crazy. I hate it when you try to avoid stuff and then it gets you anyway.

Followers