
These are the cupcakes that I made for her class. Even though I may complain about living in NE Tennessee with a bunch of rednecks, I will say that I enjoy being able to make treats at home (cupcakes in this case) to take to school to share.
Granted, I know that my kitchen is clean, so this doesn't bother me much, on the other hand, I sometimes wonder what others are bringing for treats (when they do) and what sort of kitchen they are coming from.
At any rate, the kids and teacher loved them and I had fun making them.

This is Mercedes birthday cake. She wanted one with a cheetah on it this year. I have guilted myself slightly on the make-up of this one. I had really planned on making something huge and spectacular but somehow life, pregnancy, and the inability to eat that much cake made an impact on it.
I borrowed the idea of this cake from another I saw on cakecentral (one of my fav. cake websites).
She enjoyed it and even though it was smaller (2 8"rounds) it is still more than enough cake for us.

Here is the birthday girl with her cake. Her teeth look a little lopsided in this picture as there are a few wiggly ones that are just hanging in there.
1 comment:
Mercedes will be in for a real shocker when she realizes not all/any of her friends' mommies can decorate cakes like you! :) You are an awesome mom! I completely understand about cakes and pregnancies. When Michael turned 1 - I was pregnant with Nephi. Michael got a store bought cake. I couldn't stand the smell of frosting...much less make a cake with it! lol
Post a Comment