Thursday, May 21, 2009

Newest Cake

I was asked to make a cake for President Wetzel's 75th birthday. His assistant suggested something with a tea theme since he loves tea.

This is what I came up with. I molded the tea cup and saucer with gumpaste from Mercedes' tea set. Here's what they looked like in the cup and saucer.



















The edges were a little uneven so I took a clean nail file and gently filed them to the shape I wanted.

















I added a handle to the cup after I had filed it.























I painted a design that I thought would be simple yet pretty.

















Here is the cake - If you click on the pictures you can it all a little better. There is a shimmery dust on the cake which is why it looks so shiny.

5 comments:

Karen said...

very purrty.... (bail out!)

Britt-Marie said...

you're so awesome! loved the design on the tea cup/saucer.

Candace said...

Now that's some serious talent! Painting itty bitty tea cups. Way cool. I bet the prez will be so thrilled. :)

big_smartmouth said...

you are amazing! when i grow up, i wanna' be you! =)

Sherril Salts Dysart said...

I would love to be a little fly or maybe a firefly in the corner so I could watch you while you create your masterpieces! WOW

Followers