Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation
















Have you ever watched "The Incredibles"? Here's an excerpt from the movie...


Helen: I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation.
Bob: It's not a graduation. He is moving from the 4th grade to the 5th grade.
Helen: It's a ceremony!
Bob: It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but if someone is genuinely exceptional...

I have to admit... a teeny part of me felt this way about having a huge ceremony for graduating from kindergarten.
There's nothing like celebrating mediocrity, lol.
Mercedes has had mixed feelings regarding this day. She was excited and also sad.
During the ceremony they had a special guest come. It was President Wetzel. This name probably means nothing to most of my blog readers, but this man is the current president of Aaron's school. Mercedes absoloutely adores him and goes to his office frequently to give a hug and get a piece of candy.

He was the one that shook Mercedes' hand and handed her a diploma. She was so excited that he was there!





Overall, it has been a good year. I've had my struggles with the school, but I keep them to myself and let Mercedes enjoy her first years of school unbiased by my opinion.



Mercedes is sad that kindergarten is over and that she "will never ever in her whole entire life ever never get to go again" (to quote her). She thinks first grade will be horrible and hard (thanks to a neighbor boy who told her that school is hard after kindergarten). Oh well. At least we have all summer to influence her otherwise.





2 comments:

Candace said...

Wow! We aren't done for another 3 weeks! And Nephi won't have kindergarten graduation. They don't do that here. How exciting for Mercedes to have one of her most favorite people hand her a diploma. I bet that made her day. :) Congratulations Mercedes! First grade is awesome. You will love it.

Rob and Marseille said...

I can't believe they have graduation gowns!

Followers