Sunday, March 28, 2010

Benji's 4th Birthday




Benji celebrated his 4th birthday on St. Patrick's Day. I'm thinking he doesn't realize that his mother is capable of making a million different types of cakes - because he was very set on having a "Thomas the Train" cake again.
On the one hand, it was simple and I made it similar to his birthday cake at age 2. Being near the end of pregnancy I just didn't have it in me to make a big ol' 3D cake like I did last year (Lightning McQueen) and like I make at work.
He had a blast and loves the fact that he is 4 now.

2 comments:

Britt-Marie said...

Eleanor just had her birthday too. Can you believe they're 4!? I took the 'simple' route this year and just stuck some toys on hers as well (Kurt doubted the party was planned any more simply than last time, but it was). I was thinking of doing something like that Thomas cake for Gregory's 2nd bday coming up. I will be using yours as a template. I like the uneven ground. Oh! I'm also taking my first cake dec. class starting next week. I'm so excited!

Rob and Marseille said...

that is simple?!?!! i love your cakes

Followers