Thursday, January 21, 2010

I need a shirt...

I've decided a need a shirt. It should be large enough to fit my bodacious pregnant body... and should state the following:

Yes, I'm pregnant.
Yes, this is uncomfortable.
No, You may not rub/touch/feel my stomach.
I am due in April.
It is a boy.
I know you get all sorts of attention while pregnant... everyone seems to eye your burgeoning belly and each has their own comment.
In the past few days I have had a large amount of comments ranging from, "Wow! You look like you're ready to pop!", to "My goodness, you are so huge!", "You're only 27 weeks? You look like more!?!", also included are, "Why are you so big already??", and I think my favorite today was my coworker who told me that I don't even look like I'm pregnant. I'm still not sure if that's a compliment or not.
Imagine Becky scratching her head in thought.... Does this mean that she thinks I've always had this bulging belly? Or is she just trying to be polite? Or has she never really looked at me??
Even with all the rude comments (You're so big!!) at least I can admit... yes, I am big. But the "You don't even look pregnant" comment, well, I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Hormones certainly don't help me out in this quest for further knowledge and understanding. How have YOU (when pregnant) responded to people when they say such intelligent things.
Don't they understand I'm pregnant?? And everything is over analyzed to death??

6 comments:

Millie said...

This is a Tootsie Pop question...
"The world may never know."

I always say "congratulations" (even if I don't know whether it's a happy thing or not) and if it's a friend, I tell her how cute she looks.

Britt-Marie said...

Sorry about that. That's always annoying. But check out my friend's story it's pretty good.
http://abrobison.blogspot.com/2009/12/funny-moments-of-week.html
I like your shirt idea. hehe

Anonymous said...

Sorry Becky!

Carrie said...

Most of the time I got "you don't even look pregnant" because I really didn't, just fat. You DO look pregnant and "glowing and absolutely gorgeous" as Rachel Matteson would say.

I don't know what to tell people because they really don't know they are being rude. I guess you could be snarky and when they say it you could say "I know! I have heard it about 5 times today! Do you like it when people comment on how big YOU look? I sure don't" I am not sure that would be effective, but it might be fun.

Candace said...

Well for what it's worth - I think you are the cutest pregnant mommy I ever saw! Maybe your co-worker is in serious need of some glasses with a comment like that! Sheesh! Although - I did get the same comment when I was 8 months pregnant with Nephi. lol I had to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting and one of our neighbor boys asked his mom if I was fat or pregnant. lol She kindly informed him that indeed I was pregnant. Too funny. It used to bother me to when people felt the need to touch/rub or in any way come close to my belly. You have my permission to slap their hands like grandma used to do. :) You can tell them your big sister said it was okay. lol

Rob and Marseille said...

About 2 weeks after I had Michael, Christopher said (looking at my tummy), "oh, are you going to have another baby?" My reply: "no christopher, it took a long time for my tummy to get big, so it will take a long time for it to get small."

Followers