I wouldn't let Mercedes got to school in the outfit she picked out yesterday. There were a lot of tears involved (on her part) and I'm surprised I got this picture.
On a side note, it's been around 80° outside - thus my reasoning for her not to wear tights. (Forget that they didn't match, lol!)
The blue shirt is about 3 years old and getting very short. The shorts are something Aaron picked up at a PX during his training last year - (kid sized Army shorts).
So, yeah. Brown tights, Army shorts, and a too small t-shirt. In the end she wore the shorts, but had to change the shirt because she spilled milk on it while eating her cereal. (SHE WAS SO MAD!) I guess all in all it's not a horrible outfit, but I just couldn't let her wear hot tights in 80° weather. She called me the meanest mom ever.

2 comments:
That's hilarious. I'm sure I'll have similar experiences once Eleanor starts school. For now I often let her wear what she wants- most of the time. (I've learned to quickly hide all too small and out of season clothes so I don't have to fight with her about it.)
Welcome to my world. One son (#2) likes to wear the same thing ALL the time. I am his meanest mom ever. :) On a regular basis. I make things disappear in the laundry when I get so tired of the holes and raggedy edges...
Post a Comment