Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cuppy-cakes!

I was asked to make 4 dozen cupcakes for a school party. Not being capable of doing anything simple, I came up with these.

The butterflies are made of melted chocolate. I traced the design on a piece of paper, then traced over it on wax paper with chocolate. I got the idea from a book called "Hello Cupcake".

The flowers were rosebuds, pansies, daffodils and daisies.




5 comments:

Britt-Marie said...

I love that Hello Cupcake book. I made those butterflies (in white and yellow) for Eleanor's birthday cake. But I really like how the white dots on the brown and orange 'Monarch' butterflies highlight them and make them look real. The shark cupcakes in that book are awesome too.

Karen said...

I have the Hello Cupcake book too, Cheryl got it for me for my birthday last year and I have yet to make anything out of it. I've really wanted to make the dogs. Your butterflies are really pretty though.

Candace said...

I will have to check out that book. Not that I am a cake decorator in any sense of the word. Just another book to add to my cookbook collection. :) I will leave the decorating to you dear sis.

Candace said...

Okay. After checking out Hello Cupcake - I found a used one at Amazon for $3.89. Shipping was more than that - but I am excited to see what all is in there. Especially since we have a birthday coming up in 3 weeks!

Becky said...

Britt-Marie, They are fun, aren't they?
I love the sharks!

Karen,
The dogs are ADORABLE! I tried making one at work once, but botched it up pretty good. I just scraped the icing off it and made something else.

Candace,
You will love it! The stuff is super simple... you could do it by cutting the ends off of a ziploc bag and have great results.

Thanks everyone!

Followers