Saturday, February 7, 2009

Welcome to the Newest family members!

Emmanuel has a pet policy- specifically- it is a no pet policy. Mercedes has been begging for pets - anything really, and I told her repeatedly that we were not allowed to have them here.

She asked if she could speak with the current school president and ask him if he would let her have a pet. (The school is fairly private and small- she goes to see him about once a week or so. He's the grandpa type and she loves to show him her school work and take him treats.)

So, she asked him for a dog, and then added - if she can't have a dog, then a cat perhaps? if not that, how about a hamster? or a fish?
He checked with the housing committee and then told her later that she could have a fish if she wanted.
We went to the pet store and bought two little fishies.

Rainbow (Belongs to Mercedes)










And Blue (Benji's sheesh - as he calls it)
The kids are very excited and love to feed their new pets. With any luck I will be able to get Benji to stop trying to pet his pet.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I am certain I wouldn't be brave enough to ask the president of a college for a pet. :)

Karen said...

So.. is it still alive??

Followers