About a million years ago my mom bought a "couch caddy". Something that holds the remotes and random things you always need while sitting on the couch. I don't recall what happened to it, nor do I remember it lasting very long. However, I decided to make the kids their own caddy to place their booklights and books in. They picked out the fabric themselves. I didn't really use a pattern, I just sort of winged it. The extra fabric goes between the mattress and frame. It stays in place pretty well when the kids aren't pulling on them. Here are the results.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Bed Caddy's
Mercedes and Benji like to read or look at books before they fall asleep at night. Since Max is now in their room, this presents a small problem since the lights can't be on while he is falling asleep. We bought them each a small book light that they can use to read with. This then presented a new problem. Mercedes would "accidentally" drop her book light on Benji while sleeping (they are in bunkbeds), or her books, or Benji would lose his light behind the bed, etc...
About a million years ago my mom bought a "couch caddy". Something that holds the remotes and random things you always need while sitting on the couch. I don't recall what happened to it, nor do I remember it lasting very long. However, I decided to make the kids their own caddy to place their booklights and books in. They picked out the fabric themselves. I didn't really use a pattern, I just sort of winged it. The extra fabric goes between the mattress and frame. It stays in place pretty well when the kids aren't pulling on them. Here are the results.



About a million years ago my mom bought a "couch caddy". Something that holds the remotes and random things you always need while sitting on the couch. I don't recall what happened to it, nor do I remember it lasting very long. However, I decided to make the kids their own caddy to place their booklights and books in. They picked out the fabric themselves. I didn't really use a pattern, I just sort of winged it. The extra fabric goes between the mattress and frame. It stays in place pretty well when the kids aren't pulling on them. Here are the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome idea!
Those are great. I'm very impressed. That's cool that they like to read before bed. Just don't let them get into the habit of staying up all night reading. Kurt's always saying that's what ruined his eyes- reading into the early hours in high school.
Those are completely awesome! What an ingenious idea you have come up with.
ingenious idea. I'm loving those ideas. I have the same problem with Rosa and Wiley. We let them use head lamps on their heads at night to read. Funny eh?
Post a Comment