We have finally reached that sacred moment in life when a child FINALLY requests to sleep in. I have spent the past 6 years with a child that almost always wakes up before me, climbs into my bed or attempts to, and wakes me by patting my face saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, I'm hungry, Can I play with my toys? I want you to get up, Mommy - will it hurt very much if I poke your eye? Mommy, I want you to get up! Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...
We finally bought her an alarm clock to have in her room. We told her that she could not come out of her room until the numbers said 7:00. It has worked like a charm. No more do I get wakened at 5:30am with an - "I'm not tired anymore- let's play!"
I woke her up this morning to get her ready for school. She was groggy and didn't really want to get up. I even heard her groan when I turned on the light.
As I drove her to school she said, "Mom- On Saturday I do NOT want you to wake me up. Promise that you will let me sleep, please?" She then continued with "You don't like it when I wake you up early, so don't wake ME up early."
It was all I could do to keep a straight face and very seriously reply that I wouldn't wake her up and that she could sleep if she wanted to.
I then reminded her that I had to wake her up this morning so she wouldn't be late for school. She agreed but stood fast on her request for Saturday.
She says if I wake her up on the one day that she gets to sleep in I will be in BIG trouble.
Our little Mercedes is growing up.
*Yawn* I can't wait to sleep in with her. Too bad Benji will probably wake her up.
4 comments:
Yeah - but if Benji wakes her up - it won't be YOUR fault! Better yet - tell Benji if he wakes up before Mercedes - go see if his dad needs any help for the day. lol Or have him tell daddy he needs stories read. Aaron can't get far. lol
Ohhhhhh... I'm so glad my kids are as old as they are. :)
How funny she reminds you that *you* don't like being woken up and tells you *you'll* be in trouble. haha She does sound so grown up!Eleanor is also an earlier riser (at this point I worry about her waking Greg up). Maybe I'll have to try that 7:00 thing. Enjoy sleeping in- if it happens.
We do the same thing with our girls! Heidi and Amber each have their own alarm clock (set 10 minutes slow :) and they cannot come into our room until "seven zero zero," 7:00. I love it! I am glad you are getting a little more sleep! Brett sleeps in till abour 8:30am, so I feel like I am living the high life!
Post a Comment