Monday, April 27, 2009

Ick, A Tick... I'm going to be Sick!

I have a gardening hobby. Love to be outside, love to play in the dirt, love to water my plants...

I was out watering tonight when I felt something crawling on my neck. I brushed it off, but didn't see where it went, nor exactly what it was.
Are you feeling itchy yet? Is your scalp tingling??

I got off the phone with my dad this evening... over an hour AFTER I had felt something crawling on me. I looked down at my shirt and there it was. A TICK. Crawling on my shirt! I hate bugs. I hate TICKS! I gagged! I killed it dead. All I could think about was the horror of... "What if I had gone to bed with that thing..."

My skin is crawling. I find myself scratching my head, my back, my neck... I am so grossed out by the idea of having a tick bite me and then having to pull it out if it were to burrow into my skin, EWWWWW!!!!!
Worse... what if it happens to my kids?!?

I Can't like this!!

I know you have to be careful upon removal or the head will get stuck in you. Let's hope I never have to do that to me OR my kiddos.

(Now I itch all over!)

6 comments:

Candace said...

No....icky tickies! EW! Glad you found it before you went to bed. And yes...my skin is crawling...

Carrie said...

I know exactly what you mean. Ticks are nasty, nasty things. I am glad it didn't set itself up to roost on you.

The Munk Family said...

I just found a tick in Addison's hair tonight during her bath. I freaked out! It was IN her head and Ruston had to smother it with vaseline (which we've since learned is NOT the right thing to do, according to the internet, but we were new at this and panicking) and then burn it out. Oh my gross! We'll keep you posted on any fevers or rashes (signs of lyme disease) but he managed to get the whole thing out in one piece. Thank goodness for having a brave man around the house, I was a wreck. Consider yourself lucky to not have gotten bit! We're all itching with creepy-crawlies after that though. Yuck!

Becky said...

Alesha, That is GROSS! I would freak if that happened to one of my kids. Ewww Ewwww Ewwww!

Kelly said...

EWW! That is an aweful feeling!

We live in the Lyme disease capitol here in CT. It really bothers me.

Sherril Salts Dysart said...

I had to laugh when I read this post! I know they are creepy. We had them in the grasses in Wisconsin when I was a kid. We were always finding them on us somewhere and summer was filled with us telling our mom to get us a match so we could listen to those little suckers pop like popcorn when you burned them! LOL My little sister got one in her scalp that had crawled there, burrowed in, (itching yet?) laid eggs and left a nice bump on her head. Hee hee. She had to go to the doctor and they used some type of electronic needle to kill the thing and then scooped out the baby tick eggs that were growing there. HAAAAA HAAAA HAA! I cannot stop laughing just thinking of it and how you guys are feeling now! LOL

Followers