Thursday, July 8, 2010

Babies!

No, I'm not pregnant. Haha, very funny.




There's a bird that built a nest in my hanging plant right outside my front door. I decided to keep on watering the plant while the nest was under construction. It usually resulted in the bird flying out of the nest and chirping at me in a very angry manner. Once I saw eggs in the nest, I felt worse about watering, doing it only occasionally.
Now there are wee baby birds, and I don't dare water at all. I feel bad for the plant, but I'd feel much worse if I killed a baby bird.



Most of these were taken through the window of my front door... I haven't wanted to get too close so Mommy bird doesn't get upset.
I'm not sure what sort of bird it is, but it's really cute to hear babies chirping outside our door.


I'm really surprised that they built a nest right by our front door, especially with all the traffic that includes.

3 comments:

Candace said...

They must have felt that your house was a safe place! What if you took the basket down while mom and dad bird are away and soaked the bottom portion in water? It wouldn't hurt the nest and you could just hang it back up when you are done watering. Just a thought! Very cool!

Karen said...

maybe they will kill the spiders!

Rob and Marseille said...

that happened to one of my friends who lives on the border of TN& MS. Crazy south birds ;)

Followers