I was asked for a picture of one of the "big" spiders... but ALIVE. Last night Max was pretty cranky so I went on a little nighttime excursion with him to the mailbox. He immediately quieted down once I took him outside. I'm not sure if was due to the temperature,
the new experience, or the sounds of crickets and blinking of lightning bugs. Perhaps all of the above.
On the way to the mailbox, I passed my neighbors doorstop and found THIS. I ran back inside to get a camera and then I realized that no one could tell how big it was just from the picture, so I had to get something for measurements sake. The first picture is just the spider,

the second is the spider and a quarter.
I wanted to get the quarter close enough to actually get it in the picture, but was too big of a chicken to get it really close, thus the distance between the spider and the quarter. And after I was done getting my pictures did I kill the spider? No. I left it. That would have made me gag to squish
something that big.
And the quarter? It's still sitting there. I wasn't about to reach for it with that huge thing next to it. It took enough just for me to sort of fling it that close without him crawling away. I wasn't about to reach out and take it. He might have bit my arm off. Just imagine if you will, a quarter in your palm. Now look at the picture again... that spider could easily fill the palm of your hand. I am soooo looking forward to not living in Spiderville someday

.
3 comments:
a big EW!
Reminds me of the one I had falling down the wall it was too big to crawl, when I was younger living at home.. EW.
GROSS!!!
Post a Comment